• Collector’s Tin featuring “The World is Your construction Kit” artwork, this limited edition tin can be used to store your Makey Makey, invention supplies, and just about anything else.
• Feel the magic – turn everyday objects like bananas into touchpads!
• Connect the world around you to your computer! Setup takes just seconds.
• Just plug, clip, and play! No programing knowledge needed.
• Safe for all. Makey Makey uses resistive touch technology and less electricity than what you experience walking on a carpet.
• Works with water, fruit, plants, people, pets, coins, wet tissues, paint, and many other materials and objects!• 1000s of possibilities! Draw your own game controller! Make your dance moves control sound effects!
• Invented at MIT
• No software to install. Works with Mac and Windows.
• Highly reviewed by BBC, Mashable, Engadget and more!
Makey Makey GO allows today’s tinkerers, dreamers, and makers the mobility to invent anytime, anywhere. Makey Makey GO enables you to invent on the go – and change the world – with the snap of an alligator clip, transforming everyday objects into Internet touchpads. Small enough to fit on your keychain or in your pocket, Makey Makey GO promises to inspire even more science, technology, engineering, art and math (STEAM) projects than the original, award-winning Makey Makey – named one of Consumer Reports’ “Best Tech Toys of 2014.”
What is Makey Makey?
Turn the whole world into touch sensors. It’s a simple Invention Kit for everyone from beginners to experts doing art, engineering, and everything in between. Connect everyday object like fruit to Makey Makey and be amazed as your touch makes apples sing, bananas shout, and grapes move computer game characters!
How Does it Work?
Connect objects to the Makey Makey using the included alligator clips. For example, you and a banana (or an ice cube, or a kitty cat). When you touch the banana, an electrical circuit is completed and the computer just thinks a keyboard key is being pressed, so you can type a letter, jump in a video game, take a picture, or play some music.
Safe for Children (and Adults)
Makey Makey send a tiny amount of current, less than the amount that your body feels when you walk on a carpet or rub a sweater, to measure changes in the circuit’s resistance (also known as resistive touch technology). Play worry free and enjoy the magic of Makey Makey!
Who is Makey Makey For?
Children, Teachers, Artists, Engineers, Inventors, Makers. Really everyone can innovate with Makey Makey. Join a global community of Makey Makey inventors!
What materials work with Makey Makey?
Ketchup, pencil graphite, finger paint, fruit, plants, coins, spoons, anything that is wet, pets, aluminum, rain, people and hundreds more. Really any material that can conduct at least a tiny bit of electricity.
What can I create?
Make a cardboard smart sword, a fruit remote control for your internet browser, and more! How? First, load up a computer program or any webpage. Let’s say you load up a piano. Then, instead of using the computer keyboard buttons to play the piano, you can hook the Makey Makey to something fun, like bananas, and the bananas become your piano keys.
Manufacturer’s Recommended Age: 8 years and up
Includes: Makey Makey GO USB stick with magnet, 1 white alligator clip (2.5 ft), keyring, and instruction guide
Educational Focus: Creativity, electronics, music, arts, critical thinking
Product Dimensions: 3″ x 0.2″ x 0.9”
Product Weight: 1.6 ounces
Shipping Weight: 1.6 ounces
Care and Cleaning: See included care instructions
Battery: no battery required
Item Number: MMGO
Imported from Hong Kong (Designed in U.S.A.)